We install the AJAX alarm system from € 149,- at your home or in your (holiday) home in Spain.
We work with a starting price because the price depends entirely on the location where you live and the quantity of products you want.
For detectors inside the house only, the installation price is standard € 149,- including VAT. Outside detection varies in price between € 249,- and € 449,- including VAT. We will state further on what determines the price.
For the agreed price we install everything from AJAX. Optional camera installation is always at extra cost and we invoice on an hourly basis.
For installations, we start from the individual product prices. If you would like us to install a starter kit with camera, the original price applies, not the offer price. Offer prices are only possible without installation.
Demonstration and advice on location + direct installation
It is difficult to say in advance exactly which products in which quantities you need. Especially with outdoor detection it can sometimes happen that you need just one detector more or less than originally thought. Or you don’t know at all what you need to secure your home indoors or outdoors. That is why we are happy to visit you and give you advice. We will then be able to tell you exactly how much the installation costs for your home will be.
Of course, you can also choose to install the system independently after our advice. Our advice is free of charge if you purchase the AJAX alarm system from us or have it installed by us. If you decide for whatever reason not to purchase the system after our advice (which we have never experienced before), we will only charge you a small fee for our time.
To make an information or installation appointment, please contact us 7 days a week. Our employees and mechanics in Spain speak English.
There are two ways to pay:
- Cash after completion of the installation work
- Before the start of the installation by bank transfer
The full amount must always be paid immediately after the work is completed.
How much time does an installation take
This again depends on the location you want to secure, inside or outside, or both. In general we can say that a complete installation with indoor and outdoor detectors including 2 cameras at a detached house with 2 mechanics will take about 4 hours, including an extensive detection test which we perform as standard.
How is the exact height of the installation price determined
This depends on various factors such as the distance from our home base, the amount of detectors, whether indoor or outdoor detection is desired, and the level of difficulty of the area to be secured.
Note: Presence of many plants or moving trees in the garden can generate a false alarm. To rule this out, the installation position must be determined accurately and the correct functioning of the detectors must be thoroughly tested. Without this, the chance of false alarms is real.
Advice from an expert is essential to guarantee the best outdoor detection. A detector position change of 5 centimeters in height can already vary enormously in detection quality, and whether or not false alarms are generated. The detection quality is also determined by the ambient temperature. As soon as the outside temperature is 26 degrees or higher, and the sun is shining brightly, the detection distance of the outdoor detectors decreases. We will give you an example:
The AJAX MotionProtect Outdoor has, according to the specifications, a range of up to 15 meters if you set the distance switch on the back of the detector to maximum distance. This range is easily achieved at night, but above 26 degrees the range decreases to a maximum of 8 meters. This should therefore be taken into account when determining the number of detectors.
In addition, gardens are often equipped with different heights. Height differences always have a negative influence on the detection quality and reliability of a report. Especially in gardens with a lot of height differences, advice from a professional is necessary.
The absence of suitable mounting positions for the detectors can also affect the installation price.
Clarification: Suppose you have a detached house on a large plot of land. The AJAX outdoor detectors work best if they are facing the house, and should be mounted at about 1 meter height. If there is no possibility to mount these detectors at this height somewhere at a distance of up to 12 meters from the house then we need to make something for this, so that the detector at this position and distance can do its job. This is no problem for us, but the extra costs for the material and labor we have to calculate in the installation price.
Installing indoor detection is the easiest thing that exists, and never gives a false alarm without pets. Only when using outside detection you can see the difference between professionals and rabbits. We are only satisfied when there is no false alarm, not even of stray cats/birds or suddenly changing weather conditions.
Are you looking for outdoor detection?
That’s very wise. Unwanted persons do not fall out of the ceiling of your house, but always walk through your garden first. That is where you already have to detect them! The AJAX alarm system is the only fully wireless alarm system that can perfectly protect your garden from unwanted people. No matter how big your garden is. AJAX has a wireless range of 2000 meters.
With outdoor detection you can prevent an actual burglary
With outdoor detection it is best to choose for installation by us, because we test every inch in your garden. No one else does this as accurately as we do!
With an installation by us you are assured of no false alarm outside your home! And burglars are detected before they force a window or door.
This saves you a lot of repair costs compared to an alarm system that only detects burglars inside your home.
We find it incomprehensible that large security companies still only offer indoor detection, and only inform you when it is already too late, in other words: If the thief is already inside your house. You shouldn’t want this system in the year 2020.
We can’t say it often enough
Detecting potential burglars must already take place outside the home.
As soon as someone steps into your garden, the siren of the AJAX alarm system sounds and you chase away the undesirables.
When purchasing or having an alarm system installed, always consider the possibilities of outside detection.
TIP: Outdoor detection requires a good wireless signal. Only AJAX.Systems uses the patented, and by AJAX self-developed Jeweller signal with a range of 2000 meters. If you want outdoor detection always choose a company that sells AJAX and is an official AJAX.Systems partner. Other brands of alarm systems always work on Wi-Fi and that is absolutely not suitable for use outside the home.
We are an official AJAX.Systems partner
We only sell AJAX alarm systems and are therefore very specialized in everything AJAX has to offer.
What can you expect when installed by us
- Professional advice on which products are best suited for which position.
- Mounting of all advised detectors and sirens
- Creation of 2 administrator accounts in the AJAX application
- Explanation of the system
- Comprehensive detection quality control at every location
- Guaranteed fault-free operation with both indoor and outdoor detection
Because every garden is different, it is not always possible to oversee everything. That is why guarantees are needed.
If after a few days of use it turns out that a certain detector outside still gives a false alarm for whatever reason, then we try to solve this initially by remote software by slightly reducing the sensitivity of the detector in question, or by adjusting the detection distance. If this is not the solution, or if it has a negative influence on the detection quality, we will visit you free of charge and within 24 hours to solve the problem. There are no costs involved.
We offer this service for the first two weeks after installation. If you would like our advice and technical support after this period as well, you can conclude a service contract for this. We will be happy to tell you more about this further on this page.
If you are a bit handy, you can do things like battery replacement yourself in the future.
What is not included in the installation costs.
- The assembly and installation of cameras. We install these at a fixed hourly rate. When making an offer or during a visit on location, we can tell you exactly what costs are involved. These are highly dependent on the choice of camera: Wired or on Wi-Fi, and on Power or batteries.
- Notification settings on Android devices. The AJAX alarm system sends Push messages to your smartphone to notify you of, among other things, intrusion detection notifications. However, devices with the Android driver can block these Push notifications at different levels, so the notification will not or not directly be forwarded to your device. Because there are thousands of different devices in circulation, you are responsible for the correct settings for receiving these Push notifications on your Android device.
If you do not have an Android device but an Apple iPhone, we will set the correct Push notification settings for you during installation. To receive all Push notifications on an iPhone you only need to accept or activate “critical notifications” in the AJAX application settings, then all Push notifications will reach you directly and automatically.
What are you responsible for?
In order to be able to perform an installation, we need to have a freely accessible room available:
- 2 sockets with 220 volts alternating current. Without cameras, 1 socket is sufficient
- Internet router with 2 free ports (RJ45 connection). Without cameras, 1 free port is sufficient
- Stable internet connection of at least 12 megabits if you also want cameras installed.
- The AJAX alarm system alone has enough for 3 megabit internet speed
If the above is not present, and this is not stated in advance to our mechanics, additional costs will be charged.
Our installation area
A complete installation can be outsourced to us up to about 300 km from Torrevieja / Alicante.
What if you live outside our installation area
We sell most alarm systems online, because AJAX is made to install completely independently. So most people install the system themselves.
If you would rather have an installation by us, we can help you in another way. Without visiting you, we can prepare all products for installation and create an AJAX account for your smartphone. All products are then already registered at the central unit (AJAX Hub) upon arrival, and all you have to do is assemble the products at the indicated location with the screws provided. We always note on the packaging of the product for which location it is intended, and which name it carries in the application.
If you download the AJAX application on your smartphone and log in with the data provided by us, we make you “administrator” under your own email address, and from then on you are the owner of the alarm system. This extra service is free of charge.
Mounting the products / detectors to the wall is very easy with 2 or 4 screws. These screws are standard delivered with all products, as well as the plugs for mounting on a brick wall.
Is installation by a company really necessary?
That depends on the type of home, and whether you want to apply indoor or outdoor detection.
For indoor detection it is absolutely not necessary to have it installed by a company. The AJAX alarm system has been developed to be very easy to install yourself. Anyone between 12 and 80 years of age can do this themselves, without any technical knowledge. And if you don’t get out of the way afterwards, we are there for you 7 days a week. You can authorise us to log into your alarm system remotely so that we can help you with everything immediately.
If you would like to make use of outdoor detection, it is advisable to seek advice or to read the manual on the operation of the detectors very carefully. Outside there are many influences that can have a negative effect on the detector. Think of wind / rain / moving plants / sunlight. Also any difference in height in the garden needs, as we described above, a conscious choice in where to mount the detector. If in doubt, please contact us, or send pictures of the surroundings for advice.
Extra possibilities with the AJAX alarm system
With the AJAX application on your smartphone, you have your own alarm center at hand so that you are warned of burglary attempts. You don’t need more, but more can sometimes be useful.
With a service contract you can choose for many extra possibilities we have to offer you.
Possibilities with a service contract
- With a service contract you do not have to maintain the alarm system yourself.
- With a service contract you don’t have to call the police yourself in case of a burglary, useful if you don’t live nearby.
- With a service contract we will personally look directly at your home in case of a burglary detection report.
In a basic service contract you can call us to replace for example the batteries in a detector. But much more importantly, if you use outdoor detectors, and a situation has arisen due to the growth of vegetation that gives a false alarm on your system, then we will look into this immediately, and provide a solution. In this way you can be sure that your (detached) home will remain optimally secured. Any necessary products to come to the right solution will be charged at standard prices.
Thinking in solutions
We have various additions that can be linked to a basic service contract, which are ideal for holiday homes. We give below some examples of situations that may occur.
- You live in England, but have a holiday home in Spain secured. What do you do if there has actually been a burglary in Spain, or an attempted burglary, and you are at home in England? Who is going to look for you, and possibly solve the problem for you? As locals in Spain, we can be an important point of contact for you.
- As the owner of the AJAX alarm system, you are alerted with notifications on your smartphone as standard. But what do you do from the Netherlands or Belgium when the alarm goes off in Spain, for example? Do you call the local police in Spain yourself, or do we take care of this for you? Or maybe you want us to look directly at your home to see what is going on?
- Squatters have taken possession of your property. With an alarm system you know exactly when they have gained access to your property, and you can take action yourself, or outsource this to a company like us. In Spain you have a maximum of 48 hours to have squatters evicted from your property by the police. If the police have the idea that the squatters are already present for more than 48 hours, then the police can do nothing for you. It can then take years in Spain to get squatters out of your own home. The legal process that has to be gone through is very long.
Connection with the control room
In addition to only receiving reports yourself, it is also possible to have reports arrive at a central control room where someone always responds to your alarm system reports.
A standard random control room will call you when one detector registers movement. They will then ask you if it was you who set off the alarm by accident, or if you are absent. The police may only be notified if two detectors go into alarm or if a burglary can be verified by means of camera images.
The disadvantage of a random control room is that there is no fixed point of contact here, and the conversation takes place in the language of the country itself. If you secure a house in Spain as a Dutch-speaker, you will have to deal with a language barrier, which is highly undesirable if they call you with the message that the alarm in your Spanish home is going off. We gladly offer a solution for this.
You can connect the AJAX alarm system to almost any control room at home and abroad. But a link with our own control room of “Best-alarm-system” is also possible, and this offers you many advantages.
Advantages of the “Best-alarm system” control room
- Up to 70% cheaper than other control rooms
- Not only by telephone but also as an option to have someone actually and directly look at your property. Day and night! (Night check optional)
- No chance of squatters in your home, because we visit and check your home within 12 hours
- Centralists speak English
- Permanent contacts who also know your specific house
- Each switchboard operator has documentation of your specific house, our installation engineers take care of this.
- Burglary verification with detectors, but also expandable with cameras.
- Optional key management service, if a burglary actually occurs, we solve it.
- In addition to intrusion detection, we also respond to panic reports. During an emergency, help is only 1 button removed.
The AJAX remote control called SpaceControl also has a panic button. If you make use of this, our dispatcher will immediately receive a message that you want help. The AJAX application itself also has a panic button, if you press the panic button via this application, your GPS location will also be made visible in our control room.
If you choose for installation by our company, it is possible to conclude a service contract, but this is of course not mandatory or absolutely necessary. It is unfortunately not possible to conclude a service contract on a system that is not installed by us, because we want to make sure that the installation is carried out as optimally as possible, and we are the best at that 😉